Pimp My Piri Piri Poussin
Member recipe by good_chef
An Italian take on piri piri chicken. Exotic and lovely - a real crowd-pleasing dish.
- 2 poussins, spatchcocked
- 90g unearthed 'Nduja
- 1 good tomato, peeled deseeded & diced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano leaves + some for serving
- 2 tbsp good red wine vinegar
- Peel the tomatoes by carving a cross in the base through the skin and submerging in boiling water for 15 - 30 seconds, until the skin starts to peel away. Remove the seeds and chop into fine dice.
- Saute over a low - medium heat for about 10 minutes until the tomato softens. Add the unearthed 'Nduja and stir until dissolved through. Add the vinegar and oregano.
- Allow to cool and spread over the skin of the poussins. Massage into the skin and leave to marinade in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours or overnight if you have time.
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Roast the poussins for 35 to 40 minutes checking on them and basting them halfway though. The sausage can get a bit crispy but basting prevents this.
- Serve with some fresh oregano sprinkled on top, and enjoy, they're delicious!
- Recipe created by Eat Like A Girl