Rosemary Parmentier potatoes
Member recipe by rhl500
An easy and very versatile side dish, a good alternative to standard roast potatoes.
- 350g (6 medium sized) potatoes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- generous knob of butter (melted)
- 2tsp dried parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Place large baking tray in oven and preheat to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Peel and dice potatoes into half inch/1cm cubes. Meanwhile melt butter and stir in parsley.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Over a moderate heat, add cubed potatoes and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent potatoes browning or sticking to the pan.
- Remove rosemary leaves from tough stalks and finely chop. Transfer potatoes to baking tray. Mix parsley butter in with the potatoes and sprinkle with rosemary and season.
- Roast for 30 mins, shaking halfway to prevent sticking.