How to make a muffin tin Advent calendar
Let your children decorate their own Advent Calendar this year, using a mini muffin tin, coloured card, and your choice of daily treats...
You will need...
- 24-hole mini muffin tin
- Drill (optional)
- 6 x A4 sheets of sturdy card in various colours (or use white card and paint it yourself)
- Gifts for each day - they need to be small enough to fit in the mini muffin holes (we used Lindt mini pralines and sweets, such as individually wrapped fudge and Turkish delight)
- Double-sided sticky tape or glue dots
- Ribbon, for hanging (optional)
To make your calendar...
1) If you want to string your Advent Calendar from a wall, drill a hole in one end of the tin.
2) Cut the card into 24 circles, big enough to just cover the holes of the muffin tin. Use pens, paint or cut-out coloured paper to decorate the circles with the numbers 1-24. Use a little tape or a glue dot to secure a gift in each hole - wrap the gifts in foil or tissue paper if not already covered. Use a little more sticky tape to secure the numbers over the holes, in a random order. If hanging from a wall, tie a ribbon through the drilled hole in the top of the tin.
You might also like to try making our chocolate gingerbread Advent Calendar
Are you making your own Advent Calendar this year? Tell us what your making in the comments below...