Points to remember
- Place the egg yolks vinegar, mustard and then oil in a tall jug.
- Place a stick blender at the bottom on the jug, blend for 10 seconds then slowly draw the blender up to incorporate the oil.
- Repeat a couple of times until you have a thick mayonnaise.
- Season to taste and stir through any extra ingredients you want to add.
- As this mayonnaise is made with raw, unpasteurised egg yolks it will only keep for two days in the fridge and isn’t suitable for young children, the elderly or pregnant.
Always add the oil to the jug last. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
Store mayonnaise in a sealed container in the fridge for one to two days.
Do not serve this mayo to young children, pregnant women, infirm or elderly people because raw yolks are used.