How to make strawberry cheesecake
Magazine subscription – your first 5 issues for only £5!
This easy no-bake strawberry cheesecake is perfect for a summer party. If you can't get hold of vanilla pods, use vanilla bean paste instead.
How to make a no-bake strawberry cheesecake:
- For the base: Crush 250g digestive biscuits and mix with 100g melted butter. Press down into a 23cm lined tin. Chill for 1 hr.
- For the filling: Slice 1 vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds (or use 1 tsp vanilla bean paste). Beat 600g cream cheese and 100g icing sugar with the vanilla pod. Pour in 300ml double cream and continue beating.
- Spoon the mixture onto the biscuit base and smooth down. Leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin (try placing the base on top of a can, then gradually pulling the sides of the tin down).
- For the strawberry topping: Blend 200g strawberries and 25g icing sugar with 1 tsp water. Push the mixture through a sieve to make a purée.
- Pile 200g strawberries onto the cheesecake and spoon the purée on top.
Get more cheesecake recipe ideas:
What's your favourite cheesecake? Leave us a comment below...