This two part series covers everything you need to know about making macarons. Former BBC Good Food recipe developer, Liberty Mendez, has worked as a professional pastry chef in many London kitchens, including The Ritz and The House of Commons.
Attend this masterclass series and learn how to:
- Make your macarons look professional
- Add different flavours
- Perfect the baking process
- Types of food colouring to use
- Achieve perfect piping
- Create a smooth top and distinct feet
What you will receive:
- Detailed presentations and expert advice
- Prerecorded question and answer session
- A link to re-watch the webinar at your leisure
Part One - Quick Skills
Want perfectly shaped macarons every time? Join our quick learn class to discover how to make your macarons look professional.
Hosted by pastry chef and BBC Good Food recipe developer, Liberty Mendez, you’ll also pick up tips on flavouring and can hear questions from other bakers in the recorded Q&A.
Our expert will share the secret to getting perfectly shaped macarons, every time. You’ll also learn how to add different flavours to your meringue-based bake, which combinations work well and how to carry on experimenting.
- Creating ruffles/feet
- Adding flavour
- Troubleshooting question and answer session
Part Two - Beyond Basics
If you’ve ever wanted to make macarons, have had batches go wrong or would like to improve your technique, this masterclass is for you.
We’ll teach you how to perfect these meringue-based delicacies, giving you tips and tricks at each stage of the process to make sure you have a foolproof technique and professional results.
Our expert will explain what makes a perfect macaron by looking at how and why each stage in the recipe works.
You’ll learn the baking process, alongside a troubleshooting session to tackle where they may go wrong.
By learning the patisserie secrets, the types of food colouring to use, and how to achieve perfect piping, you’ll be a macaron master in no time.
Pastry chef Liberty Mendez leads a 60-minute presentation, followed by a 30-minute question and answer troubleshooting session.
- How to pick the best ingredients
- What equipment you need, alternatives and best practice techniques
- Mastering the meringue base
- Batter consistency and how to colour the mix
- Piping the macaron
- Creating a smooth top
- Creating ruffles/feet
- How to fill and what with