- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Genuine Italian Carbonara from au pair Lisa
- 400 gm pasta
- 3 eggs
- 2 packs smoked pancetta
- Petit Pois
- Creme Fraiche
- Olive oil
- STEP 1Chop onion. Quarter and thinly slice courgette. Gently fry onion and courgette, mixing with (cooked) petit pois. Reserve some of pea water. Fry pancetta.
- STEP 2Cook pasta, according to packet instructions. Drain and add to pancetta and veg mix.
- STEP 3Beat eggs and add to pasta mix, adding crème fraiche to make up sauce. Add a bit of pea water, if needed.
- STEP 4Season with fresh ground black pepper and grate fresh parmesan over mixture.