Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy cheezy vegan risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A simple vegan risotto that still packs a creamy punch.
- 150g arborio rice
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 200g spinach
- 50g vegan hard cheese alternative
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- One medium brown onion
- 25g vegan spread
- 125ml white wine
- Two tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- One tablespoon powdered garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- STEP 1Dice the onion and garlic and shallow fry in a little oil. Allow to slightly brown and turn translucent, before adding the mushrooms, sliced into even chunks. Add salt and pepper. Allow them to cook off for 5 minutes on medium heat, taking care that the garlic doesn't burn.
- STEP 2Add the arborio rice, stirring it into the vegetables. After a few minutes, the rice will turn slightly translucent and glossy. Add the wine, and continue to stir for several minutes.
- STEP 3Gently add the stock, a ladle at a time, adding more only when the rice has absorbed it. Stir continually until all the stock is absorbed.
- STEP 4Once all the stock is absorbed, lower the heat and add the nutritional yeast, alongside your spread, garlic granules and chopped parsley. Grate and add the hard cheese alternative, and stir, saving some for topping.
- STEP 5Stir spinach into the risotto until it wilts. Season with a generous pepper and a pinch of salt, and serve with the remaining grated cheeze.