Creamy Prawn Spaghetti
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Very quick prawn spaghetti with pancetta and rocket.
- 1/2 Green Chilli
- 1 Bunch of Chives
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Vegetable Stock Powder
- 200g Spaghetti
- 60g Pancetta
- 120g King Prawns
- Small Pot of Crème Fraîche
- 1/2 Lemon
- STEP 1Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed and finely chop. Finely chop the chives (easier using scissors than a knife). Peel and grate the garlic, or use a garlic press to crush it. Boil the kettle and fill a large saucepan with the boiling water on a high heat.
- STEP 2Add the stock powder to the water and stir until dissolved. Add the spaghetti to the water and cook for around 11 mins (until the pasta is cooked). Before draining the pasta, reserve some of the cooking stock in a cup. Return the pasta to the pan, off the heat, once drained.
- STEP 3Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan on medium heat and add the pancetta with a pinch of the chopped chilli. Cook for 2-3 mins then add the prawns. Cook for a further 2 mins, before stirring the garlic through the mixture.
- STEP 4Add the reserved stock to the frying pan and drop the heat to low. Stir in the crème fraîche and half the chives. Stir regularly and allow to simmer until the prawns are cooked through and the sauce is piping hot.
- STEP 5Stir the pasta into the sauce and gently mix. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the prawn spaghetti in bowls lined with rocket and topped with the remaining chilli and chives.