- Preparation and cooking time
- 20 minutes refrigeration, to set the mousse
- More effort
- Makes 400g
This chocolate and orange mousse requires no gelatine, so is perfect for any vegetarians around!
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 175ml double cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp coco powder
- 3 oranges, juiced and zested
- STEP 1Melt the chocolate using a double boiler (or a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water, water not touching the bowl) and add the orange juice and zest. Allow to cool.
- STEP 2Whip the double cream to stiff peaks, and fold in the coco powder.
- STEP 3Add the egg yolks to the cooled chocolate mixture, and carefully whisk into the cream mixture.
- STEP 4Transfer to your choice of serving bowls. To make the mousse without the orange, use 160g of dark chocolate and no oranges.