Chicken or beef stir fry
- Preparation and cooking time
- 20 mins marinating
- Serves 4
Simple stir fry using fresh and healthy ingredients.
- 4 chicken breasts or 375g stir fry steak, sliced
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 175g broccoli, split into small florets
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 tbs chopped, fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 4-5 tbs sherry (optional - just use water if not)
- 2 tbs water
- STEP 1Place the meat in a bowl with the soy sauce and Chinese five spice and leave to marinate for 20 mins.
- STEP 2Prepare broccoli, pepper and spring onions. Mushrooms would also be good, or you could just buy a bag of stir fry vegetables.
- STEP 3Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the meat, ginger and garlic and stir fry for a few mins until cooked through.
- STEP 4Add the vegetables and stir fry for a further 2-3 mins.
- STEP 5Add the liquid to the pan and cover to allow the vegetables to steam for a minute or two. Instead of sherry/water you could use a sachet of stir fry sauce at this point.
- STEP 6If you want to serve with noodles, add (cooked or straight to wok) noodles after the vegetables. Otherwise serve with rice.