Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Christmas Cake Trifle
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
I love finding Christmas leftovers!!! They're so much more decadent than the usual! I had a huge Christmas Cake left so decided to use some other pantry provisions to whip up a Kirsch black cherry & Christmas cake trifle!
- Christmas cake to cover the bottom of your trifle bowl
- 300 ml double cream
- Kirsch soaked cherries (250g jar)
- 300ml custard
- Frozen fruits to top
- STEP 1Break up the cake to cover your Trifle bowl. I used around 500gms for my family bowl
- STEP 2Pour the Kirsch from the cherries over the cake to soak, leave whilst doing the next few steps.
- STEP 3Whip the cream to form very soft peaks.
- STEP 4Sprinkle the drained cherries over the cake so they're evenly distributed.
- STEP 5Cover the cake and cherries with an even layer of custard.
- STEP 6Lightly spread the custard with the cream.
- STEP 7Place a few frozen berries on top to decorate.