Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Baileys ice cream
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Gorgeous Boozy Ice Cream that does not need anything more technical than a whisk and a pan!
- 4 Egg Yokes
- 2 Large Eggs
- 220g Caster Sugar
- 600ml Double Cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Brandy or Balieys
- A few drops of Vanilla Essence
- STEP 1Put a pan 1/4 full of water on the hob and heat it to boiling point. Turn the heat down slightly so that the water continues to simmer.
- STEP 2Place a bowl ontop of the pan (don't let the bowl sit in the water - if it is tip some of the water out). Put the egg yokes and whole eggs (minus the shell!) in the bowl along with the caster sugar.
- STEP 3Whisk for approximately 4 minutes over the simmering water until the mixture heats up a bit and becomes thick, slightly glossy and pale in colour. When this happens take it off the pan and continue to whisk until it has cooled down.
- STEP 4In a different bowl add all the cream and whisk until it forms soft peaks. Add the vanilla essence and the egg mix to this and carefully fold into the cream. The more air you keep in the mixture the lighter the ice cream is.
- STEP 5Add your chosen alcoholic beverage to the mixture and give a quick fold in. Spoon the whole mixture into a suitable freezer container and freeze, preferably overnight. Take it out about 10 minutes before serving to soften.