Celeriac Soup with Blue cheese sprinkles.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Classy dinner party soup. Freezes well. Inspired by the Ivy's version.
- Sunflower oil
- 70g unsalted butter
- 1 x each of celeriac (1kg ish), large potato & onion all peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 2.5 litres vegetable stock
- 100ml double cream
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1/3 bunch of flat leaf parsley chopped (stalks discarded).
- 75g blue cheese (freeze 1st before gratering).
- STEP 1Make the Soup. Heat the oil & 20g of butter in a heavy pan and gently sweat all the vegetables until softened. Add stock, bring to the boil & simmer for 40 minutes or until the celeriac is cooked. Remove from the heat & add the cream, liquidise & season.
- STEP 2Blue Cheese Sprinkles. Heat the oven to 150c. Place the breadcrumbs on a baking tray & toast for 10 minutes or until crisp. Heat 50g butter in a pan, adding the breadcrumbs and pinch of salt mixing well. Remove from heat & add the parsley. Once cooled add the grated cheese mix well.
- STEP 3To Serve. Heat the soup and serve in warm bowls with the blue cheese sprinkles on top.