Amazing and Simple Chilli Con Carne.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
This chilli will please everyone as its so good and delicious. Enjoy cooking it and tell me what you think by rating it.
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400g Kidney beans
- 500g minced beef (20% fat)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp coriander leaves/4 whole leaves, crumbled
- ½ tsp Dried chili flakes. (A little bit hot, can add more if you wish)
- Beef Stock Cube
- Approx. 50ml boiled water
- 1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- STEP 1Preparation: • Finely dice the onion and garlic and place into a bowl and put to the side. • Add the strained kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, stock cube (crumbled) and Worcestershire sauce into a jug and mix together then put to the side. • Measure the cumin, ground coriander, coriander leaves, chili flakes and salt into a small dish and combine, then put to the side. • In a separate jug measure 50ml of boiled water and put to the side. • Put the rice in a bowl and put to the side.
- STEP 2Cookery: Add the oil to the pot, and heat to medium-high. Then add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- STEP 3Add the mince and brown.
- STEP 4Once browned, add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, stock cube and Worcestershire sauce to the pot and mix through. Cook for about two minutes then add the Cumin, ground coriander, coriander leaves, chili flakes and salt.
- STEP 5Mix the spices through. Cook for another 2 minutes then add some of the water. About 50ml, Turn down the heat and simmer for about 50 minutes to an hour with the lid on. (Add more water boiled water if needed)
- STEP 6Add more water if needed then simmer, with the lid off for about 20 more minutes or until water has mostly evaporated.
- STEP 7Once water has almost completely evaporated, serve with rice, a dish of guacamole and sour cream, and top with a fresh coriander leave. Enjoy.