Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Red onion and goats cheese filo tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Mediterranean flavours with a little heat and texture inspired by Morocco.
- One red onion sliced
- Half a red pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- Half a medium chilli
- Rapeseed oil for cooking
- 100g Goats cheese
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin seeds (or walnuts)
- Three sheets of filo pastry
- Melted butter for the filo
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Sauté the red onions and chilli on the hob on a medium heat for 3 minutes or until softened.
- STEP 2Add the peppers, tomatoes, garlic and balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- STEP 3Taste and adjust seasoning. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a bit whilst preparing the pastry.
- STEP 4Use individual loose bottom tart tins or one larger one. Cut the filo to be larger than the tin size. Don’t worry about it being bigger as it will all fold in to create a crispy top.
- STEP 5Butter the tin and brush melted butter over each layer of filo, pushing into the edges of the tin to create a nice space for the filling. Three layers are recommended, but four are also good.
- STEP 6Add the filling. Top with the pumpkin seeds or walnuts. Dot with the goats cheese.
- STEP 7Fold in the filo edges using the melted butter to create a top and add any leftover pastry to cover any gaps and seal the tarts.
- STEP 8Cook at 180 for twenty minutes. Serve with a Mediterranean vegetable side.