Dried Cherry and Fudge Scones
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 16
A good balance between sweet and sour.
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 75g fudge
- 75g dried cherries
- icing sugar
- a few dried cherries
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 130C/450F/gas 8 and lightly grease two baking trays.
- STEP 2Sieve the flour into a large bowl. Cut the butter into small chunks and add them to the flour.
- STEP 3Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs. Add the sugar, milk, cherries and fudge.
- STEP 4Use a blunt knife to mix the ingredients together into a soft dough. Press and mould it with your fingers to make it smooth.
- STEP 5Sprinkle an area of work surface with flour and place the dough on it. Roll out until about 1cm thick.
- STEP 6Cut shapes out of the dough. Squeeze the scraps together and roll out again.
- STEP 7Repeat step 6 until all of the dough has been used.
- STEP 8Put the scones onto the prepared baking trays, leaving plenty of room between each scone.
- STEP 9Bake for 7-12 minutes or until golden brown and risen. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- STEP 10Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve on a plate with a few extra dried cherries.