Chocolate Marble Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus extrafor icing
- Serves 10
A traditional dessert - a favourite of children and adults alike and very simple to make.
- 170g margerine (plus extra to grease)
- 170g caster sugar
- 170g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- STEP 1Preheat the oven at 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- STEP 2Grease a 9-inch ring tin or a loaf tin.
- STEP 3Add the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl, beating with a wooden spoon until mixed together and smooth.
- STEP 4Crack the eggs and whisk them in a mug using a fork. Add to the mixing bowl slowly, stirring as you go. Add a little flour if the mixture gets too runny.
- STEP 5Add the flour and blend in using a metal spoon until everything is mixed in.
- STEP 6Transfer half the mixture into the cake tin and add the cocoa powder to the other half. Mix in and then spoon the chocolate half into the tin. Swirl your spoon on the top of the mixture to create a more marbled effect.
- STEP 7Transfer to the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- STEP 8Leave to cool slightly and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- STEP 9It is nice if served with chocolate icing or custard. For Easter, if you used a ring tin you can add mini eggs into the central hole to serve to make the kids even more excited.