Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chorizo and Gnocchi bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Chorizo and Gnocchi covered in mozarella and baked under a grill.
- Baby Spinach (handful)
- Chorizo (200g)
- Gnocchi (500g)
- Chopped tomatoes (400g)
- Mozarella (200g)
- Garlic (2 - 3 cloves)
- Basil (1tsp)
- Chilli flakes (1tsp)
- Parmesan (handful)
- STEP 1Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic and chop chorizo into bite size bits.
- STEP 2Place chorizo in frying pan and cook until crispy
- STEP 3Add garlic, a teaspoon of chilli flakes and a handful of basil leaves. Cook for 30 seconds, and then add 200g of spinach. Wilt the spinach down, and then pour in a tin of chopped tomatoes. Fill the tin halfway with water, and pour that in. Turn down to a medium heat and allow to reduce and thicken.
- STEP 4Once the sauce has thickened remove from the heat. Drain the gnocchi and pour into a baking dish. Cover the gnocchi with your chorizo sauce. Flatten it out, and tear two balls of mozzarella over the top. Cover the whole dish with grated Parmesan, and then place under the grill for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling