Breaded garlic chicken burger with pineapple and bacon.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A quick and easy recipe for the whole family to enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 floured burger baps
- 2 slices of bacon
- can of pinapple chunks
- 2 slices stale white bread
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- cheese to top burger
- STEP 1Preheat the grill on a medium heat. Place the chicken breasts into sandwich bags and flatten them out by hitting them with a rolling pin( or something along those lines) and blend or crumble the stale bread to make the breadcrumbs.
- STEP 2Whisk the egg in a bowl and spread the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Cover another plate generously with flour and try to evenly sprinkle the garlic powder and oregano over the top.
- STEP 3Roll the chicken breasts in the flour, dip them into the egg and then roll them lightly over the breadcrumbs until covered.
- STEP 4Place the chicken breasts onto a foil covered grill pan and cook for 7-10 minutes each side. Meanwhile..... Cut the baps in half and cut thick slices of cheese (enough to cover bap surface.)
- STEP 5When the chicken is almost cooked add the bacon to the grill and cook as normal. When the bacon is cooked slice it into small pieces. then..... Cover the top half of the bap with the cheese you sliced and place under the grill until the cheese is soft.... at this point push pieces of pineapple and bacon into the cheese and grill for 1 minute longer.
- STEP 6Throw it all together and eat! (maybe add some ketchup.)