Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Carrot and Parsnip Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A deliciously simple soup for a winter's day.
- 1 large onion
- 2 large parsnips
- 2 large carrots
- Large knob of butter
- A little olive oil
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock
- Croutons and/or lardons
- STEP 1Finely dice the onion
- STEP 2Chop the parsnip and carrot into small chunks
- STEP 3Melt the butter in a saucepan with a little olive oil (to stop the butter burning)
- STEP 4Sweat the onion for 10 mins over a low heat. Do not let the onion brown. It should take on a translucent look
- STEP 5Add the chopped parsnips and carrot
- STEP 6Pour on the vegetable stock (or water and 2 knorr cubes)
- STEP 7Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 30 mins.
- STEP 8When the parsnips and carrots are completely soft, remove from heat and allow to cool
- STEP 9Pour the cooled mixture into a liquidizer and liquidize until completely smooth
- STEP 10Pour the mixture into a clean saucepan, passing it through a sieve first. Use the back of a spoon to push the last of the mixture through. This will create an even smoother soup.
- STEP 11Serve with a sprinkling of croutons and/or fried lardons. You can also use chopped pieces of bacon.