Razor Clams with Chorizo
Member recipe by maurvb
- 16 razor clams
- A chunk of chorizo sausage, about 15og
- 75g unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 glass of white wine
- A handful of parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large, deep frying pan or wide, shallow saucepan over a high heat.
- Thickly slice or roughly chop the chorizo and fry in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and a dash more olive oil.
- Scrub the clams well in cold water.
- Add the garlic, the chilli, if using, and the clams to the pan with the chorizo.
- 5. Add the garlic, the chilli, if using, and the clams to the pan with the chorizo.
- Toss the clams in the butter, then let them fry for a couple of minutes until they start to open.
- Pour in the wine and let it bubble for a further minute.
- Then add the parsley and season with salt and pepper