Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 6
Everyone has his own recipe of caramel sauce. Just couple of tips. Water prevents caramel sauce from getting bitter, lemon juice won't let sugar turns into crystals and milk won't let it to become too thic. And at last listen to heart and improvise!
- 1 tbsp water
- half tsp lemon juice
- Half cup sugar
- 1-1/2 piece butter
- 30-35 ml milk
- STEP 1Put water and sugar into a sauce pan on medium heat. Toss lemon juice over the sugar
- STEP 2Bring to a boil and take off the heat when it gets slightly brown.
- STEP 3Add butter and whisk hard till butter dissolved. Be careful it's very hot and starts to bubble
- STEP 4Add the milk and whisk again.
- STEP 5Now you've got caramel sauce. Enjoy!