Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A yummy, fluffy white chocolate cheesecake made with cream cheese and ricotta.
- 200g Digestive biscuits
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 400g Cream cheese
- 250g Ricotta cheese
- 150g White chocolate
- 150ml Sour cream
- 200g Caster sugar
- 4 Eggs (medium)
- 1 tbsp Cornflour (heaped)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- STEP 1Preheat oven to gas mark 4 (180° C).
- STEP 2Butter the base of a 20cm cake tin.
- STEP 3Crush the digestive biscuits - I put them in a bowl and whack them with the end of a rolling pin.
- STEP 4Melt the butter and mix with the crushed biscuits then press the biscuit/butter mix into the cake tin and bake for 10 minutes, or until it looks ready.
- STEP 5While the base is baking, make the filling. Make the filling: first melt the chocolate.
- STEP 6Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, ricotta, sour cream, vanilla essence and sugar until smooth.
- STEP 7Beat in the cornflour and the melted chocolate.
- STEP 8Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- STEP 9Wrap the base of the cake tin in foil and place it into a roasting tin. Pour the filling into the cake tin.
- STEP 10Fill the roasting tin with boiling water (the foil will stop the water going into the tin - hopefully!).
- STEP 11Bake at 180C for 15 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 160C then bake for about 45 minutes more, or until it's ready (the middle of the cheesecake should still wobble).
- STEP 12Turn off the oven but leave the cheesecake in there to cool, with the door slighlty open.
- STEP 13Transfer to the fridge to cool overnight.
- STEP 14Eat