Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Braised Beef Short Ribs with Red Wine.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
This is a perfect cut of meat to cope with big flavours and being slow cooked.
- 4x250g beef short ribs, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 2x400g tin tomatoes
- 400ml red wine
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 100g olives
- 2tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 4-5 sprigs rosemary
- STEP 1In a large ovenproof casserole pan with, a tablespoon of vegetable oil, brown the ribs. Turning occasionally until the meat pieces are browned. Remove from the pan and leave aside.
- STEP 2Wipe the pan clean, add another tablespoon of oil, fry the onions with carrots, garlic, celery stalks and salt/pepper. Cook, stirring until the vegetables have taken on colour. Add beef ribs along with tomatoes, red wine, soy sauce, olives and the herbs.
- STEP 3Cook in 150c fan forced oven for about 3 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone. Turn the ribs half way through cooking. Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.