Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy mushroom chicken spaghetti
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Main despite the main ingredients, the flavour and fragrance is strengthened by onion, garlic, lemon thyme sprigs and lemon zest.
- 200 g dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 g chicken fillet
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150 g champagne mushrooms white/brown, finely sliced
- 1 large & 1 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 70 mL dry white wine
- 150 mL thickened cooking cream
- Grated parmesan and extra lemon thyme sprigs to serve
- STEP 1Cook pasta until tender according to instruction on the pasta packet.
- STEP 2In the mean time, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large frying pot over medium-high heat to cook chicken fillet until each side turns light brown. Then transfer to a plate, cover and rest for 5 min.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, heat the rest of 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and stir for 2 mins or until softened. Add mushroom slices and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Add garlic, thyme and lemon zest and cook until fragrant. Add flour and stir for 1 min. Add wine and bring to boil with stirring. Reduce heat to low. Add cream and stir until he sauce is thickened. Simmer for 2 to 3 mins.
- STEP 4Thinly slice chicken fillets into strips. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken strips into the sauce pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Separate the pasta mixture in bowls. Top with grated parmesan and extra thyme to serve.