Strawberry Pizza Dessert
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 6
A Cake based Pizza with strawberry Sauce, Caramalised Pineapples and shredded chocolate olives
For The Dough
- 30g plain flour
- 120g dark chocolate digestives
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 2-inch length of vanilla pod
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ÃÂ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
Icing Sugar (for dusting)
- Icing Sugar (for dusting)
For The Sauce
- 250g strawberries
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- Small pinch of sea salt flakes
For The Cheese
- 150ml whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons natural bio yoghurt
- 1-tablespoon fresh grated coconut
- 2 slices, 1cm thick, of fresh pineapple
For The Toppings
- 4 slices, ÃÂ½cm thick, of fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 33g chocolat pÃÂ¢tissier 70% cocoa solids
- STEP 1DOUGH
- STEP 2Preheat oven to 175ÃÂºC. Put the chocolate biscuits and a small Pyrex bowl ÃÂ¾ full with
- STEP 3Use a corkscrew to make holes in two of the eyes at the base of the coconut. Drain milk from the coconut into a bowl. Place coconut on a stone or other hard surface and strike open with wooden mallet. Peel away two or three segments of flesh from the inside. Grate the coconut flesh into a dish with a medium-gauge grater.
- STEP 4Cut the pineapple slices, two 1cm thick for the dressing and four ÃÂ½cm thick for the toppings. Make half a dozen radial slits with a sharp knife in each of the topping slices, from the core to the outer rim.
- STEP 5Remove the chocolate digestives from the fridge and place in a large freezer bag. Hold the open end together loosely with one hand, to prevent material escaping, and smash the biscuits with a rolling pin until the bag contains uniform sandy fragments.
- STEP 6Place an empty non-stick frying pan on the hob at a low heat. Leave for two minutes to reach temperature, then raise the heat and pour the 3 tablespoons of caster sugar into the pan. Keep the sugar moving with a wooden spatula while it melts and turns to a blond caramel. As soon as it is all liquid, before the sugar can burn, add the four thinner slices of pineapple to the pan. SautÃÂ© the pineapple in the sugar for around thirty seconds and turn them with the spatula. When this side is done, turn off the heat and remove the slices from the pan, placing them on a non-stick baking sheet. Place in the oven for ten to fifteen minutes until dry to the touch Ã¢ÂÂ set a timer for ten minutes to check.
- STEP 7Sieve the flour cocoa powder and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Make a slit all the way down the strip of vanilla pod, open it out and with a sharp knife scrape the seeds and internal flesh into the bowl. Then sieve in the soft brown sugar, forcing it through with a clenched first if necessary and removing any sugar that clings to the sieve. Mix the ingredients in the bowl and make a well in the centre. Break the eggs into the well and beat the mixture with a wooden spoon. Add the crumbled biscuits and continue beating until a smooth texture is reached.
- STEP 8Lightly grease a non-stick baking sheet with butter, and spoon the mixture into the centre of the sheet, allowing it to spread out to a pizza round. Prick the mixture lightly with a fork and place in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes at 175ÃÂºC.
- STEP 9If you have not done so already, remove the pineapple at the same time. Gently prise the slices from the tray and reserve them on a piece of kitchen paper.
- STEP 10SAUCE
- STEP 11Take off stalks from the strawberries. Place in a blender. Cut the mint leaves into thin strips and add to the blender with the 2 teaspoons of arrowroot. Blend until a smooth purÃÂ©e and pour into a small saucepan.
- STEP 12Stir the pan continuously while heating. When the mixture is hot but not bubbling, gradually stir in the sugar. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- STEP 13Taste it carefully with a teaspoon to check the sweetness; add more sugar if you need to, to reach a sweet/sour balance.
- STEP 14Leave the PurÃÂ©e in a small Pyrex bowl to cool. If itÃ¢ÂÂs not cooling quickly enough place the bowl in shallow bucket of water.
- STEP 15Take the dough out of the oven after 12 minutes. Leave it to cool for two minutes then use a pallet knife to gently take the dough from the baking sheet, starting round the edge with the pallet knife level to the sheet and working in towards the centre. Remove the base to fully cool on a wire rack.
- STEP 16CHEESE
- STEP 17Cut the two raw pineapple slices that are left into thin strips, then cut the pineapple into small cubes and crush them in a small bowl.
- STEP 18Whip the cream using an electric whisk and gently fold in the yoghurt. Stir in the crushed pineapple and the grated coconut you prepared earlier.
- STEP 19TOPPINGS
- STEP 20Grease one of the small Pyrex bowls with butter or margarine and put it in a pan of hot water, the water should come about 1/3 of the way up the bowl. Break the chocolate up into small pieces and put them into the bowl. Leave the water to simmer on the hob.
- STEP 21Cut of the little pieces of the caramelised pineapple so you have removed the centre.
- STEP 22When the chocolate has completely melted, remove the bowl from the boiling water. Take the cold bowl of water from the fridge and place it next to the bowl of melted chocolate. With the long handled teaspoon drop spoonfuls of melted chocolate in to the cold chocolate until about 15 or 20 squiggles of chocolate freeze in the cold water.
- STEP 23Leave the bowl a few minutes before taking out the frozen chocolate.
- STEP 24PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- STEP 25Put the Dough on a plate of your choice and sprinkle it with a little icing sugar.
- STEP 26Put Strawberry purÃÂ©e on to the dough; leave about an inch of dough around the sides.
- STEP 27Put evenly around five or six flakes of salt on top of the purÃÂ©e.
- STEP 28Put the cheese on to the purÃÂ©e; Leave a border of about 1 inch around the purÃÂ©e.
- STEP 29Put the pineapple and artichoke on the pizza.
- STEP 30Eat with a smoothie of Mango, Strawberry and Pineapple Juice. Just get all the ingredients and whiz them in a blender until smooth.