Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken and Chorizo stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A hearty Spanish stew that the family will love.
- Chicken 400g
- 1 cooking chorizo
- 2 yellow peppers
- 3 leeks
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots ( grate one of them)
- 2 gloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 large tins of tomatoes
- 1 chicken Oxo cube in 300 ml water
- Hot paprika, chilling flakes and fresh thyme
- Splash of Worcester sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Black olives ( add at end)
- STEP 1Soften onions. Add leeks, grated carrot, chopped carrot, peppers and garlic. Soften for 5 mins on a low heat. Add chicken and chorizo and cook until colours. Then add tomatoes, herbs and spices. Simmer for 5 mins. Add stock for desired consistency. Season to taste with salt & pepper, and Worcester sauce. Simmer for 45 mins. Add black olives 10 mins before serving. Serve with fresh crusty Sourdough bread.