Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2 bowls
Mango Halwa recipe is just exactly the way we make other Semolina Halwa. The only addition is of mango pulp and you get delicious Mango Halwa.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Blanched and slivered, almonds and pistachio as per choice
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 cup ripe Mango pulp
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Semolina (Rava/suji)
- STEP 1Melt the ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- STEP 2Add the semolina in the melted ghee and roast it and stir continuously, until semolina turns into golden brown colour and sweet aroma starts to come.
- STEP 3In a separate pan on medium heat, Boil the sugar and milk mixture.
- STEP 4Add milk and sugar mixture in the roasted semolina over medium heat.
- STEP 5Stir continuously to prevent lump formation.
- STEP 6Once the semolina starts boiling reduce flame.
- STEP 7Add the mango pulp and mix well.
- STEP 8Stir till moisture reduces and semolina will get a proper consistency and will and begins to come away from the sides of the pan.
- STEP 9Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool to a warm temperature.
- STEP 10Sprinkle the sliced almonds, pistachio and serve.