Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
The Perfect roast potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
The foolproof way to get perfect roast potatoes every time.
- 1kg Maris Piper or king Edward potatoes
- olive oil
- knob of butter
- flour(to coat)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to gas mark 6(180-200 degrees Celsius). Peel and cut the potatoes into halves or quarters(depending on size).
- STEP 2Place the potatoes in a pan of water just covering the potatoes and bring to a boil.
- STEP 3Boil for approx. 6 minutes or until a knife easily slides in and out of one of the potatoes.
- STEP 4Remove from the pan and drain in a colander.
- STEP 5Then sprinkle flour over the potatoes and shake to coat.place a tray with a generous lug of oil on it in the oven until the oil gets really hot.Add the butter and return to the oven for around 30 seconds.
- STEP 6Remove the tray from the oven and put the potatoes in it, turning to coat them in the oil and butter mixture.
- STEP 7Put the potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are crisp on the outside but fluffy and delicious on the inside.Serve as a side with Azara's Roast chicken with a twist for a fabulous Sunday roast.