Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Triple Chocolate Colour Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 12
This recipe is basically a sponge with a twist! Its Ideal for birthdays and is great fun to make!
For the Cake:
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 300g Softened Butter
- 6 Eggs
- 300g Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 3tbsp Milk
For The Topping and Filling:
- 2 bars of White Chocolate (about 200-300g)
- 6 Digestive Biscuits
- 1 tub of Betty Crocker 'Buttercream Style Icing - Chocolate'
- 1 tub of Betty Crocker 'Rich and Creamy Icing - Chocolate Fudge'
- Food Colouring - Green, Red, Blue (optional)
- STEP 1Heat oven 190C/Fan 170C/Gas 5. Butter 3 20cm sandwich tins and line with non-stick baking paper.
- STEP 2Into 3 bowls, put a 3rd of the ingredients for each layer - ex. 100g caster sugar into 3 bowls. Do this until all the cake ingredients are in. Mix the 3 cake mixes in their separate bowls until you have a smooth paste.Put in a drop of each food colouring into the different bowls.Divide the mixtures into the cake tins.
- STEP 3Put the 3 tins in the oven for about 25mins, if still to light leave them in. While baking, melt the white chocolate (any method you want). Crush the digestives and mix together with the white chocolate for your topping.
- STEP 4When the cakes are out, let them cool for about 10 - 20 mins, and then alternatley put them on a plate, cover them in a tub of your choice, and then put the next layer on the first , and cover it, and then the last until the cake is covered in the 2 icings.
- STEP 5Lastly, decorate the top with the chocolate biscuit mix, making sure it does not flow over the edge. Keep in the fridge or an airtight container in case you are eating it on later days.