Healthy Thai Fried Rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A healthy vegan, gluten free take on Thai fried rice with all the flavours from your favourite takeaway!
- 2 cups Wholegrain basmati rice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 lime
- 4 spring onions
- 4 rings of pineapple (tinned)
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 3 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 red chilli
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- STEP 1Boil a pan of water and cook your rice to package instructions. Add in 5 split cardamom seeds if you have them! Once cooked drain your rice, fluff with a fork and chill until needed.
- STEP 2Chop the red pepper and pineapple slices into chunks. Thinly slice the red chilli, spring onions and coriander stalks. Roughly chop the coriander leaves and cashew nuts. Peel and grate the garlic. Slice the lime into quarters.
- STEP 3Drizzle vegetable oil into a large pan or wok and place on a high heat. Once hot add in your pineapple slices and pepper and stir often for 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Turn the heat down to medium. Next stir in the chilli, coriander stalks, spring onion and garlic. After 1 minute add in the cashews, sweet chilli and soy sauce then cook for another 30 seconds.
- STEP 5Stir in the rice and cook for around 3 minutes until warmed through. Squeeze half the lime into the pan and mix well.
- STEP 6Dish up your Thai rice and garnish with the coriander and lime slices!