Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes around 12 to 18 cookies (depending on how much dough you use)
American chocolate chip cookies are a all time favourite. These are great fun to make with the kids. You can also replace the chocolate chips with smarties for a funner variation.
- 120g of caster sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 160g chocolate chips (or smarties)
- 140g flour
- half a tsp bicarbonate of soda
- half a tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- 95g butter
- STEP 1First preheat the oven to 190°C (gas mark 5) Beat the sugar in a bowl with the butter until creamy.
- STEP 2Next break the egg into the bowl and beat till smooth, then add the vanilla essence and mix.
- STEP 3Add the flour, salt, and the bicarbonate of soda a little at a time and stir everything together.
- STEP 4The add the chocolate chips to the mixture. (make sure it is all well proportioned)
- STEP 5place grease proof paper on trays. Then spoon small amounts of cookie dough onto the paper. Make sure you leave enough space between them.
- STEP 6Place in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.