Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Smoked fish, leak and potato soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Known as Cullen Skink in Scotland. Serves 3-4
- 400g smoked fish fillet, haddock or pollock
- 750ml fish or vegetable stock
- 25g butter
- 500g potatoes - unpeeled new potatoes
- 2 large leeks, thinly sliced
- Finely chopped parsley for garnish
- STEP 1Poach fish in stock, bring slowly to boil then turn off. Leave for 3-4 minutes then check to see if it is cooked. Flake, checking for bones and set aside, reserving the stock.
- STEP 2Melt butter in a pan and add leeks, sweat gently for 10 minutes until soft. Add the potatoes and reserved stock. Simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
- STEP 3Stir in the cream or creme fraiche and flaked fish. Reheat gently without boiling add salt and pepper to taste and serve.