Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lemon & Poppy Seed Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Delicious moist lemon and poppy seed cake with a lemon drizzle that also happens to be vegan.
- 275g wholewheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 200g caster sugar
- zest and juice of two lemons
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 100ml soya milk
- 70ml water
- icing sugar
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Grease and line a loaf tin (25x12cm)
- STEP 2Sift together the flour and baking powder 3 times.
- STEP 3Stir in the sugar, poppy seeds and lemon zest and mix.
- STEP 4Mix the oil, soya milk, juice of 1 lemon juice and water.
- STEP 5Beat the wet ingredients into the dry.
- STEP 6Pour into prepared tin and bake for 30 mins until golden and an cocktail stick comes out clean.
- STEP 7Using the lemon juice and icing sugar to prepare either a lemon drizzle or lemon icing. If using the drizzle puncture the top of the cake with the cocktail stick when the cake is still hot and spoon over the drizzle. Make the lemon on thicker and spread onto the cooled cake.