Japanese style salmon
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
- 4 tbs Mirin
- 50g Xylitol (natural sugar alternative i.e Truvia)
- 4tbs Tamari soy sauce
- 4 x 125g pieces salmon
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 springs onions, cut into fine strips
- Sesame seeds
- STEP 1Mix the mirin, xylitol and soy sauce in a shallow dish and marinate the salmon in it for a few mins each side.
- STEP 2Heat a large non stick frying pan over the hob.
- STEP 3Cook the salmon in the pan for a couple of minutes then turn it over, add the marinade and cook for another few mins.
- STEP 4Remove salmon to a serving plate, add the rice vinegar to the pan and heat through.
- STEP 5Pour the glaze over the salmon and top with spring onion strips and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.