- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
This is an Indian recipe. You can get Pav Bhaji masala from an Indian Store. Notes: 1. If you are using salted butter do not add too much of salt. 2. Rice should not be overcooked as we are going to cook them with veggies and masala. 3. For making tawa pulao veggies should not be mushy like pav bhaji they should only be for tender. 4. You can use more or less chilly, lemon juice according to your taste.
- Boiled Rice : 3 cups
- Chopped Onions: 1 cup
- Chopped Tomatoes: 2 cup
- Chopped carrots: ½ cup
- Chopped Potatoes: ½ cup
- Green Peas: ½ cup
- Chopped Green beans (French beans): ½ cup
- Chopped Bell pepper (capsicum): ½ cup
- Green chilly: 2 (split into half)
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice: 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds; 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp
- Pavbhaji masala: 3-4 tbsp
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 3 tbsp
- Butter: 4 tbsp
- Oil: 2 tsp
- STEP 1Heat pan/ wok at medium heat. Add little oil. Now add 3 tbs. of butter.
- STEP 2As the butter is melting add cumin seeds and stir them.
- STEP 3Now add fine chopped onions and saute till onion turns little pink.
- STEP 4Now add chopped beans and chopped bell pepper.
- STEP 5Now add little salt and cook everything for few minutes.
- STEP 6When veggies are almost half cooked add ginger garlic paste, stir and cook till onion turns brown and oil separates from the veggies.
- STEP 7When you see veggies are losing oil add turmeric powder and mix it well.
- STEP 8Now add fine chopped tomatoes mix it and cover and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- STEP 9When tomatoes become nice soft add green chilly, red chilly powder and Pav Bhaji masala.
- STEP 10Mix everything and add boiled veggies. Saute and cover them and let them cook for 5-6 minutes.
- STEP 11Now add boiled rice, coriander leaves, lemon juice, some more butter and mix it gently with the help of two spatulas.
- STEP 12Tawa pulao is ready to serve.