Victoria Sponge Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Decorating 5 mins
- Makes 1 cake
- Butter 97 g
- Sugar 97 g
- Eggs 2 / 97 g
- Flour 97 g
- Salt pinch
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Vanilla 1 tsp
- Milk 1-2 tbsp
- STEP 1Cream butter and sugar together using a whisk.
- STEP 2Add eggs in one at a time, whisking to combine each time.
- STEP 3Sift flour, salt and baking powder in, mix well.
- STEP 4Add in vanilla, then add milk according to the thickness of the batter.
- STEP 5Separate in 2 cake tins, smooth top with spatula.
- STEP 6Bake at 170C for 25 minutes.
- STEP 7Layer with jam or cream or strawberries or your favorite frosting.