- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
It's a simple vanilla cake.
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to 350º F. Line your baking pan with parchment paper. Grease the paper and the sides of the baking pan.
- STEP 2In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs together until it's slightly thickened. Then, add the flour, milk, oil, vanilla and baking powder until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- STEP 3Pour batter in the baking pan and let bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes.
- STEP 4When the top of the cake becomes golden, take a toothpick and poke it in the center. If it comes out clean, take it out of the oven and let it cool down before putting frosting or taking it out of the pan.