All-In-One Chocolate sponge cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling time 10-20 minutes
- More effort
- Makes 1 large cake
A quicker way to make a cake if you want to be on time with your schedule.
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 100g Self-raising flour
- 100g Caster sugar
- 100g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 180.c
- STEP 2Grease a baking tin or use a baking sheet lining for the sponge cake tins.
- STEP 3Add all of the ingredients into a large plastic bowl and whisk with an electric whisk for 2-3 minutes or until a soft and creamy consistency.
- STEP 4Half the mixture and pour into two sandwich tins. (Make sure they are as equal as possible)
- STEP 5Put into the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- STEP 6Take out the oven and place on the side to cool down. Once cool, take to sponge out of the tins and place onto a cooling rack.
- STEP 7when completely cool, peel of baking sheet if necessary. Fill with butter cream and sandwich the to pieces of sponge together.