- STEP 1
1. Line a square baking tin (27 by 24 inch) with grease proof paper. Drizzle the bottom with golden syrup.
2. Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan, stirring until completely melted and starting to bubble.
3. Stir in the rolled oats and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour into the tin and smooth over with the back of a spoon so the mixture is level.
5. Cook at 160/140C for fan assisted ovens for 15- 20 minutes for a soft texture, or until slightly brown around the edges.
6. Leave to cool in tin for at least 30 minutes.
- STEP 2
Pour the condensed milk, syrup, sugar and butter into a saucepan. Cook over a low heat, stirring all the time. This takes a while but has to be done carefully otherwise it will stick to the pan and burn. Watch it closely, and when it turns a deep caramel colour and starts to thicken, pour it over the cooled flapjack. Leave to cool.
- STEP 3
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, syrup and cocoa. . Meanwhile, crush the biscuits with a rolling pin in a baking bowl. When the saucepan mixture has melted, add to the biscuits and raisins. Stir to combine.
2. Pour mixture over the cooled caramel and flapjack and press down to set.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and pour over the tiffin, caramel and flapjack already in the tin.
4.Pop the tin into the fridge and leave for about 1 hour to set. To serve, cut into 16-20 pieces.