Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Crunchy River Cobbler Goujons
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
Fingers of river cobbler in lemon and rosemary pitta crumbs. A cheap, healthy and easy to make dish. Great served with sweet potato wedges and braised spinach. Compliment with a tartar sauce made from low fat natural yoghurt mixed with chopped capers and gherkin.
- 2 fillets of river cobbler (or any similar white fish)
- 50g plain flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 wholemeal pitta bread
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil (or any oil you prefer)
- STEP 1Take the river cobbler and cut into finger sized pieces. Set aside.
- STEP 2Take your pitta bread and blitz to fine crumbs in the blender. Add the lemon zest and rosemary and pulse to mix.
- STEP 3Take your fish pieces and dust first with flour, then coat in the beaten egg, and finally roll in the pitta crumbs. You can prepare them and refrigerate for several hours before cooking if required.
- STEP 4When ready to cook, heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the oil. Test the heat of the oil by adding a small piece of bread. If it sizzles immediately, you can start cooking the fish.
- STEP 5Cook the fish goujons for 4 minutes, turning after 2 minutes.