- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 egg
A great recipe to make with kids, you can get creative and personalise you Easter eggs too!
- 300g chocolate (any kind)
- Designer icing
- Sprinkle decorations
- STEP 1Break half the chocolate into small pieces and add to a heatproof bowl. us pens the bowl over simmering water, but do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water. Stir regularly, until melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- STEP 2Polish the two Easter egg mould halves so they are grease free. Spoon about two tablespoons of chocolate into the moulds. Use a pastry brush to spread the chocolate around the moulds until it is covered and then leave this to harden.
- STEP 3Melt 100g of the remaining chocolate and repeat the process. When add the second layer of chocolate, make sure it has cooled enough so it does not melt the first coating.
- STEP 4When the chocolate is nearly set hard, take a sharp knife and cut around the top of the mould so that not chocolate is protruding over the edge.
- STEP 5Make sure the chocolate has fully set (about 20 minutes) and then carefully tip the mould and the chocolate should slip out. Take care to handle gently so you do not break the chocolate.
- STEP 6Melt the remaining of the chocolate and leave to cool slightly. Brush or pipe the chocolate on the edge of one egg and carefully fix the other egg half. Leave to harden.
- STEP 7Decorate the eggs using writing icing and sprinkles.