Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- 2 hours of chilling before serving
- Serves 6
This is a super easy recipe to make and I always have great success with this! I have also tried it with other types of chocolate, but Toblerone is really the best.
- 500 ml full cream
- 300 g. Toblerone chocolate
- 2 eggs (very fresh)
- STEP 1In a large bowl, whip the cream till thick (approximately 3-4 minutes). Note - if it is a hot room then you should make sure the bowl and beaters are chilled well.
- STEP 2Melt the chocolate. I use a small metal bowl over a pan with simmering water. Stir carefully and constantly to make sure the chocolate does not burn or stick to the bottom.
- STEP 3Take the chocolate off the heat and let it cool down for 5 minutes. Then stir in the eggs and mix well. If you put the eggs in too soon, they start to cook in the warm chocolate. If you put them in too late, the chocolate starts to solidify. 5 minutes of cooling is just about right.
- STEP 4Gently stir the chocolate mixture into the cream (by hand only) until it is completely mixed together and you cannot see any white cream anymore. Scoop it into a nice serving bowl. You can decorate the top if you wish (e.g. fresh berries, roasted coconut, grated chocolate, etc..). Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to get a good mousse texture. As this recipe has raw eggs, it must be stored in the fridge and should be eaten as soon as possible.