Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 9 pieces (approx)
These flapjacks are so gooey, they'll be gone before you know it!
- 250g Porrige Oats
- 200g Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 100g Demerara Sugar
- 15g Golden Syrup
- Pinch of salt
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5. Grease a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- STEP 2Put the oats and salt into a large mixing bowl and mix well. Create a well in the centre of the mixture.
- STEP 3Place the sugar and butter into a pan and heat until melted. Once melted, pour into the well and stir until mixed.
- STEP 4Pour the syrup into the mixture and stir. It should appear really gooey and smell quite sweet.
- STEP 5Place the mixture onto the baking tray and level it out. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top of the flapjacks is golden.
- STEP 6Cut into 9 pieces (you can cut more or less if need-be) whilst still hot, leave to cool in the tray.