Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple Vanilla Poppy Seed Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 Cake
A simple cake using poppy seeds.
- 250 Grams Butter
- 200 Grams Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 200 Grams Poppy Seed
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 200 Grams Flour
- STEP 1First wash the poppy seeds in water to remove any dirt they may have picked up in processing. This is not an entirely necessary step but they do acquire dirt and it also helps to soften the seeds.
- STEP 2Put the washed poppy seeds aside. Cream the butter and the sugar in a mixing bowl with paddle attachment. Once the mixture is light and fluffy slowly add the eggs one by one until incorporated into the mixture. Add vanilla essence.
- STEP 3Fold in the flour, baking powder and poppy seed
- STEP 4Spoon mixture into a loaf tin and cook at 180C approx 1hr 30mins.