Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- 2 hours of rising
- A challenge
- Makes 2 loaves of foccacia
Modified from a Paul Hollywood recipe.
- 500g bread flour
- 10g salt
- 7g instant yeast
- 50ml olive oil plus extra for kneeding
- 350ml water
- Toppings (eg sea salt, herbs, thyme, onion, garlic)
- STEP 1Add flour, salt, yeast, olive oil to a large bowl and add water gradually. Mix. Will be quite wet.
- STEP 2Pour some more oil onto surface and begin to kneed. Keep adding oil to the mixture as you kneed until the stickness eases off and the dough starts to feel more elastic. Don't add more flour, just more oil.
- STEP 3Leave to rise for an hour or so in a warm place (eg in an oiled bowl with cling film over it)
- STEP 4Very carefully tip onto the surface again (use more olive oil). Cut in half and shape into two rectangles by stretching gently. Put each on a baking tray and leave again with some clingfilm over the top (loosely) for another hour.
- STEP 5Heat oven to 220C. Uncover foccacia and make dimples with fingers in the dough. Sprinkle on whatever toppings you like. Bake for 15 mins.