Apricot and Ginger Chutney
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Sweet and Spicy Chutney Goes well with pork or ham
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 175g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 50g sultanas, raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 140ml pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, then cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft.
- STEP 2Stir in the apricots, sultanas, ginger, pineapple juice and vinegar, then bubble gently for 10-15 minutes until the apricots become pulpy and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- STEP 3Stir in the sugar and cook for 2 more minutes until chutney is sticky, then season and cool.
- STEP 4Place in a sterilised glass jar or stoneware container.