Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A crowd pleaser for those who like it spicy! Serve with rice or refried beans.
- 1.200kg chicken pieces
- 2/3 bell peppers
- 3/4 chilli peppers (of the fat, mild variety)
- 4/5 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 35gr taco or fajita seasoning packet (Old El Paso or any brand - you will only need half the packet)
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 330ml white wine (1 glass)
- 1tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 330ml water
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C. In a roasting tin or casserole dish, coat the chicken pieces with the olive oil, sea salt and half the seasoning packet. Rub the mix well into the chicken.
- STEP 2De-seed the bell peppers, roughly tear them up by hand and place them in the roasting tin around the chicken. Peel the garlic cloves and scatter them in whole (this will decrease the intensity of the garlic and make for a mild roasted flavour). Cut the chilli peppers in half and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon (or for a really spicy meal you can leave the seeds in). Arrange the chillies along with the chicken, peppers and garlic to form a single layer at the bottom of the pan.
- STEP 3Add the white wine and water. This should bring the liquid level halfway up the chicken pieces. (Add more of each in a half and half fashion if the chicken pieces are larger.) Cover loosely with foil and put in the centre of the oven for 45 mins.
- STEP 4Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking time to allow the liquid to reduce and the chicken skin to crisp up. Serve with rice to mop up the juices.