Creamy Celery and Potato Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 25 minutes cooking time
- Serves 4
Very easy to make, healthy, filling and, most of all, delicious!
- 25g butter
- 5 celery sticks, chopped, leaves reserved
- 100g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- STEP 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the celery, potatoes and leeks and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- STEP 2Pour the stock into the pan and add the bay leaf. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender. Remove the bay leaf.
- STEP 3Cool slightly. Using a draining spoon, lift out the vegetables and put them into a blender or food processor with some of the liquid. Whizz to a purÃÂ©e.
- STEP 4Return the purÃÂ©e to the pan with the rest of the liquid, add the milk and heat gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- STEP 5Ladle the soup into warm bowls and grind a little more pepper over the top. Scatter over the chopped celery leaves to garnish.